Monday, May 16, 2005

The Essence of Me


I was recently having a conversation with my friend Vicki and asking her to help me come up with a name for a website I want to start. I want to have a personal website that I can write about things that are happening while I’m on the road or just in my life in general.

I want a name that describes me. That embodies the essence of me. A name, that if someone read it, would just let them know it could be no one other than me. After kicking around a few ideas, she comes up with “dcice”.

We were on instant messenger, and this is how the conversation went:

S: I just can’t think of anything. Don’t you have any ideas??
V: dcice
S: What??
V: diet coke w. ice
S: dcwi?
V: ok
S: that is all you can come up with to describe me??? What if I were missing and you had to tell the police about me?
V: I am laughing out LOUD!!!
S: what if you had to write my funeral announcement???
V: I have tears in my face…lol
S: you’d say…”my best friend of 30 years can be summed up in 4 words…diet coke with ice. All of you who know her will know what I mean. Thank you for coming. Have some punch on your way out.”
V: I can’t even type…lol
S: and just for the record….BEST FRIEND…..it’s diet coke with LEMON. LEMON!!!!

So there you have it. My “essence” has been summed up as a carbonated beverage with a twist of citrus.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The answer is diet coke with LIME!!!!