Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mina Clarkson

...I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly. i'll do what it takes till I touch the sky. And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and break away.....

...Since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on, yeah yeah. Thanks to you, now I get what I want...

...Here I am, once again. I'm torn into pieces. Can't deny it, can't pretend, just thought you were the one. Broken up, deep inside. But you won't get to see the tears I cry, behind these hazel eyes...

...Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt...

I did it. I bought the Kelly Clarkson CD. It's fabulous and Mina and I have been singing every word of it for the past two days.

She is amazing. She knows almost every word to the first four songs. She watches my mouth as I sing and says each word as I'm forming it. She bops her head at the right moment and even does a little shoulder shrug while cocking her head to one side as she belts out the chorus.

I am astounded by this child's ability to pick up not only the words, but the tune and the beat. She has incredible timing and comes in just when she's supposed to. She's right on cue.

Singing is not her only talent. Today, I joined her at her ballet class. She was standing on toes so pointed, I thought she had on toe shoes. She knows every position and her grace is undeniable. She looked over at me after almost every move with a huge smile and eyebrows high, as if she was saying "Did you see that?" I did.

I think this week might be dedicated to Mina. I can't focus on anything else while around her, so most likely, she will be the topic until I leave here.

I just hope she remembers me when she's on tour. I really want backstage passes.

1 comment:

Aisha said...

what a cute picture. so angelic.