Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Baking Is Fun!

Yesterday, I decided that I was going to make banana bread for the students in my truck driver training class. I figured it would be a nice thing to do and since most of these guys appear to have coffee and cigarettes for breakfast most days, it might be a nice treat.

I expressed my desire to do a little baking to my friend Vicki, and this afternoon while I was in class, she text messaged me to ask if I wanted chocolate chips or pecans in the bread. I texted back, "chips" and didn't give it another thought.

When I got home from the class, there was one loaf on the counter cooling and one loaf in the oven. Man, it doesn't get any better than this!! It's like having an EZ Bake Oven all over again...except it's human.

Now all I have to do is pawn them off as my own tomorrow, and try to convince my class that I baked for them.

Piece of cake.

No comments: