Sunday, October 08, 2006

Playing In A Dream Near You

Last night, Eddie and I went to see The Departed, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin and Martin Sheen. What a freakin' great movie!! We loved it.

It was over two hours long but I could have easily sat and watched Leo for another two. I have never been a fan of Leonardo, specifically because of the Titanic debacle, which I hated. Yeah, I know, it's the biggest grossing movie of all time and it made him a star, blah blah blah, whatever. I don't even know what those actual facts are, but in that movie, he was a skinny BOY. In this movie, he's a man. With crow's feet. And a goatee. And a leather jacket.In this movie; I am here to tell you - I am in LOVE with his face. Look at him. LOOK. I told Eddie that after the movie, I was dumping him and calling Leonardo. He laughed at me and as we sat in Barnes and Noble after the movie, Ed said, "Well look what we have here. You. Me. Drinking coffee at Barnes and Noble. And Leonardo is nowhere to be found....."

OK, I get the point. Leo is SO out of my league. I have no chance. Ever.

But then, it gets dark.

I lay my head on my pillow.

I drift off to sleep.

I dream.

And Leonardo is there.

No comments: