Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sizzling Good Time

Today was the birthday bash for my mother. Eddie drove me across the country to get there, I concocted the menu and did the cooking, my brother provided the venue and did the grilling and my sister-in-law made the cake! The menu was as follows:



Lettuce wedges with crumbled bacon,
chopped roma tomatoes and blue cheese

Fresh Italian bread

~~~~~

Grilled Herb Shrimp

Baked Scallops with Herbed Breadcrumb Topping

Grilled Filet Mignon

Steamed Fresh Green Beans

Rice Pilaf Almondine

~~~~~

Devil's Food Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Ice Cream

Coffee Ice Cream

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Coffee

Tea


What a fabulous day we had!! We lounged in the pool, drank martini's, talked, laughed, took pictures and shot video that we later showed on my mother's new big screen TV!!! To say she was happy with the gift is a bit of an understatement.

Now we'll never be able to tear her away from Law and Order.

No comments: