Monday, October 15, 2007

Consider The Source When Getting Advice

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination. It must be continued for the rest of your life." ~ Dr. Kenneth Cooper

That quote was found on the back of a bag of Lay's potato chips. Baked Lays, but potato chips nonetheless.

Ed and I have been talking about incorporating a walk into our day - DAILY. We agreed to start with five minutes just to formally add exercise to our day. I know five minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start, so keep your guffaws to yourself.

This morning though, I refused to do my five minutes. I had other things to do. OK, so I had nothing to do. I just didn't feel like doing it at that moment. I had my orange and my breakfast bar and told myself I'd do it later in the day. Ed, on the other hand, went for TEN minutes without me and then came back to have his little diet lunch: canned tuna and vegies, with a side of Baked Lay's and two Fig Newtons.

While he was eating, he pointed out the quote on the side of the bag; clearly to make his point about exercise, and I think to make me feel a little guilty for not going. Whatever.

I know exercise is vital and now that I'm freakin' forty, I absolutely HAVE to do it, but I still gotta tell you; I don't think a fitness quote on the side of a potato chip bag makes a very convincing argument.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're hilarious.