Monday, October 08, 2007

Stockholm Syndrome

I have a cousin who is a television producer in Hollywood. Among his many talents, his current specialty seems to be reality shows and he's had a hand in several of them; Temptation Island, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, The Bachelor, Top Design, Hell's Kitchen and most recently, Kitchen Nightmares.

His name is Seven.

Today, my mother and I were talking about his new show and how we like to wait till the end, to see his name in the credits. This time was different though, since he decided to include his real name, with Seven in quotes between it; kinda like John "The Duke" Wayne.

I asked my mother, since she's in touch with my Aunt and perhaps the subject came up, why he decided to include his real name on this particular show. She didn't seem to know, but went on to say, "Well, I wonder if people know how to pronounce his name? Isn't there a Swedish way to say his name?"

"Swedish??" I asked.

"Yeah, isn't his name the same in Swedish?"

"Oh my God, Mom. That's Sven, not Seven. SVEN."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that is cute. She was close.
Greggie

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Sometimes I swear your mom and my mom are either the same person or were separated at birth.