Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mercury Dropping

It's twenty two degrees, and I'm in heaven. Not the real heaven of course, but close enough. I'm in upstate New York.

I have no winter coat to speak of, my flip-flops are breaking lose from their hiding place behind the seat begging to be worn and there is a Dunkin' Donuts in the parking lot. Sheer bliss. Just the thought of waking up to a Dunkin' Donuts iced latte and Boston Kreme donut is going to keep me from getting the proper amount of sleep I need.

Unfortunately, there is no snow to speak of; a few lone piles left over from the last plowing, but most of the fields and hillsides have only small patches here and there. I saw a few semi-frozen ponds in the area, but nothing worth getting all skate happy about.

We will have the weekend off in Boston, so I'm hoping to get some good pictures in the next few days, here and once we get there. I'm hoping for sun and no warmth...just the nice winter chill.

Why ruin a good thing?

No comments: