Tuesday, January 15, 2008

When Big Hair And Denim Were King

I believe this picture was taken in February of 1991, but it might have been 1990 - so I guess I would have been 23 here. I am wearing my favorite three-quarter length denim coat with multiple pockets and drawstrings, one of my many gold rope chains (my uncle is a jeweler!) and the big hair.

I love that hair. It wasn't "Long Island" big, but it was definitely "New York" big. I'm sure I thought I was totally bitchin'.

And I was, wasn't I??

7 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm not sure that "bitchin'" even covers it.

And I can't even imagine the amount of hair spray that was used across at least the US during those years. Just. Wow.

janet copenhaver said...

I think "bitchin" is an understatement.

MeHereNow said...

You were yes ..... totally! That is as long as "bitchin" is a good thing!!

Scott said...

wicked awesome!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love it! I thought I was in 1980.
Greggie

Anonymous said...

Dude you rock!

I could never work the big hair phenom for more than an hour at a time. My HUGEMONGOUS cowlick and dead straight hair would part right in the center and then lay flat (more like 70s hair) no matter what I did. I was gutted about it in junior high. I didn't want anything like I wanted high bangs. I still get upset when I see my 7th grade year book photo. A flat nest of hair.

So sad.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talk about revisiting the past. I miss the 80's!

Grace