Monday, November 03, 2008

Let's Hope This Five Year Old Is As Accurate With His Predictions As He Is With His Aim For The Toilet

My mother (MM) has some of the most interesting (and possibly foreboding) conversations with my nephews when they are over visiting. The biggest pisser of them all is the youngest one (YO). This is the most recent conversation they had when he was visiting her over the Halloween weekened:

MM: You know, YO, I'm getting old and I hope you come visit me when I get older.

YO: Don't worry, 'cause you'll be dead when I'm a teenager Nana.

MM: What do you mean I'll be dead? I don't want to die young.

YO: I mean, in eight years when I'm a teenager, you'll be very old and dead.

MM: YO, give me a break. I don't want to die when you are a teenager. I want to see you get married!

YO: Forget it, Nana. I'm living with Daddy all my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I get the same conversation from Andreus. I keep warning him that when he turns 18 he better have a job and move out. He threatens me with "I'm going to live with you forever!" Granted he's 5 now and thinks mom is the greatest. Teenage angst is right around the corner though. *sigh*

grace

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's frickin hysterical!